Tenerife is one of the Canary Islands. Sometimes people call them The Islands of Permanent Spring, because the weather is good here all year around – about 18-27 C.
We was resting on the south of island in the second half of June in the town Adeje.
Tenerife is slightly unusual vacation place and I’d like you know why.
1. Its beach is not gold-yellow colour but grey-black, and a surf is not silver-white but black. I have had the constant impression that somewhere not far away the oil tanker has crashed and we see the outcomes. But in fact this sand (and the island too) was made by volcano and the sand colour has nothing common with ecological disaster. This is simply exotic. Shortly speaking, don’t take with you white swimming suit.
But lovers of stones beaches can find it too.
2. The food is good here in most cases. Have your lunch and dinner not in the hotel but in numerous cafes in the city or on the beach. A dishes from fresh sea products and gaspaccio are especially good. If to compare to London, Tokyo or Moscow, prices are wonderfully low here.
But carefully check your bill. A local waiters can simply include in it a litre of Sangria which you have not ordered and this is about 12 euro! A sellers of indian-arabish shops along the beach can try to give you a change from 10 euro as if you have given them 5 euro
3. Carefully choice an excursions. Many of them have far-fetched and if you will take them the sensation of blowing time and money will appear very soon. But to see Loro Parque I highly recommend. Why? I will tell and show you in a nearest future.
They say the excursion to the crater of volcano of Tenerife is breathtaking. We have not been to and don’t know, but believe.
4. There is a permanent comfortable breeze from Atlantic Ocean so you don’t feel the burning sun, but meanwhile it is very strong. If you burn out quickly, like me, the wise step will be to buy the wide hat and long sleeves short and to take the sun bath as gradually as you do it in Egypt or Thailand.
5. Spanish waiters are not very smiley. You will not get so many smiles here as in Italy. But don’t take it on your account. May be this is the national feature.
But Tenerife and all Canary Islands smile to you.
Now you know! Happy vacation!